Cefixime Oral Suspension Manufacturers Suppliers - Third Party Manufacturing - For PCD Franchise
Cefixime Oral Suspension
Cefixime Oral Suspension is a prescription medication that is used to treat bacterial infections. It belongs to a class of medications called cephalosporin antibiotics, which work by inhibiting the growth and reproduction of bacteria. Cefixime Oral Suspension is usually taken by mouth and is available in liquid form. It is usually taken once or twice a day, depending on the severity and type of infection being treated. Some common infections that can be treated with cefixime oral suspension include otitis media (ear infection), bronchitis, pneumonia, and urinary tract infections. It is important to follow your healthcare provider’s instructions for taking cefixime oral suspension and to finish the full course of treatment, even if your symptoms improve, to ensure that the infection is completely cleared.
How to use /take Cefixime Oral Suspension
- Measure the correct dose of cefixime oral suspension using a measuring spoon or cup. Do not use a household spoon, as it may not provide an accurate measurement.
- Take the cefixime oral suspension by mouth, either with or without food. It is usually taken once or twice a day, depending on the severity and type of infection being treated.
- Swallow the cefixime oral suspension whole. Do not crush or chew the medication.
- If you have difficulty swallowing the cefixime oral suspension, you can mix it with a small amount of food or drink. However, do not mix it with carbonated beverages, as this may cause the cefixime oral suspension to foam.
- It is important to take cefixime oral suspension exactly as prescribed by your healthcare provider. Do not take more or less of the medication than directed.
- Finish the full course of treatment, even if your symptoms improve, to ensure that the infection is completely cleared. If you stop taking cefixime oral suspension too soon, the infection may not be completely treated and may return.
Side Effects of Cefixime Oral Suspension
Like all medications, cefixime oral suspension can cause side effects. Some common side effects of cefixime oral suspension include:
- Nausea and vomiting: These side effects may occur when you first start taking cefixime oral suspension, but they usually go away after a few days.
- Diarrhea: This side effect is more common in people taking cefixime oral suspension for a long time. If you have diarrhea that is watery or bloody, stop taking cefixime oral suspension and call your healthcare provider right away.
- Rash or itching: If you develop a rash or experience itching while taking cefixime oral suspension, stop taking the medication and contact your healthcare provider.
- Headache: Some people may experience a headache while taking cefixime oral suspension. If the headache is severe or persists, contact your healthcare provider.
- Dizziness: Cefixime oral suspension may cause dizziness, especially if you are also taking other medications that can cause dizziness.
It is important to talk to your healthcare provider if you experience any side effects while taking cefixime oral suspension. They can help you manage any side effects and determine if the medication is still appropriate for you.
Cefixime Oral Susp IP 50mg